After spending a week managing my naturally wavy hair, I learned some valuable things about myself:
- Viewing waves in my hair throughout the day was not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be!
- Managing my wavy hair caused me to directly confront my perception of beauty.
- My fiancé and friends have been truly supportive during this week.
- I can alternate between two looks for my hair to have, week to week. So refreshing for me to say that!
- When humidity takes over my hair in the summer, I now have the tools to handle it. 🙂
This week I’m wearing my hair straight. This didn’t come without some debate, since I really loved the waves I saw in the mirror before doing my ‘straight hair’ routine. It took me many years to truly love my natural hair, as much as I love wearing it straight. So I am returning to my waves in a few days. Probably sooner that that, since when my hair begins to take on waves in a couple days (as it always does when it’s straight), I’ll welcome it. Being yourself is a wonderful thing.