- This weekend Andy and I celebrate my niece’s 4th birthday. It will be held in at a park in Rockland County, New York. We attended her party last year at the same location, and we had a wonderful time. I have relatives who live in this area, so it will be nice to go visit this area again.
- I began reading a new story called ‘The Other Wes Moore’. It is a non-fiction story based in Maryland, about two men with the same name growing up in an inner city neighborhood in Maryland. They were raised a short distance from each other, yet their paths didn’t cross until later in life. I’m only a couple chapters in, and so far I enjoy it.
- Yesterday there was some encouraging news on the Resistance front! Paul Manafort was found guilty of 8 counts of financial fraud, and Michael Cohen, Trump’s former attorney, pleaded guilty of campaign finance violations. This is clearly a sign that things are finally falling apart for the Trump administration. Will it finally lead to prosecuting our president for illegal crimes? In this current age of hindering justice, no one knows for sure. It’s a positive change in the right direction though.
Image source: Pinterest
Image source: http://relatedbly.com
How I feel about mine and Andy’s relationship. Just under a year away!
Image source: Google search on ‘wedding quotes’.
This afternoon Andy and I went to Haledon. Our route to Haledon took us by my old high school. It’s been over 20 years since I’ve visited the area, so when I realized where we were, I happily pointed it out to him. High school wasn’t particularly a great time, but I did have great moments with my circle of friends. I still speak to one of these friends to this day. It was so lovely to have the memories of bus rides return as we traveled down old pathways.
On our way out of Haledon, we passed by my cousins’ old private grade school. It is now a child developmemt center, but this location also brought back memories of my cousins attending this school when it was active, going to 8th grade graduation at the church directly next door. It was so nice to reflect on past times while completing present tasks.
- I picked up A Game of Thrones and Outlander for $1 each! I never thought I would discover them for a low price, but it was possible. Thank you, Spin Me Round!
- Tomorrow I head to Passaic County for the day. I’m thankful that I feel well enough to travel the long distance. I enjoy my occasional trips to North Jersey.
- I ordered return address labels for my Save the Date cards and invites. Very soon I need to start compiling my list. I have a pretty good idea, just need to take down addresses.