About two weeks ago, I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
On December 9, I gave a Blogmas post about the Second Week of Advent. The next day I received a message from Pam Gaines at WriteSquire that I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Such a pleasant surprise. Thank you so much Pam!
11 Questions for Me
1)How do you define friendship?
Friendship is the act of two people sharing their passions with one another. They laugh, love and cry together throughout life’s moments.
2) What’s the latest thing you learned?
I’ve learned that friends and family will be there for you during life’s most difficult moments. These past few months have been so stressful with work and health difficulties. Thank goodness for my fiancé and cousin
3) How do you begin each day, as a general rule?
I write my blog entries. I maintain two: Woven From Words, and my poetry blog, Poetic Threading. I’ve learned that writing is such a refreshing start to the day!
4) What’s your favorite quote?
I adore this quote from Rumi: Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.
5) What quote do you despise?
Life is what you make of it.
6) Why do you hate it?
It seems so flippant. I always roll my eyes whenever I hear it!
7) With whom —living or dead— would you like to share a meal?
Hmmm…I think I would love to share a meal with Martin Luther King.
8) Why would you share a meal with her/him?
I would love to ask him advice on staying true to your principles, despite interacting with people who act and behave differently each and every day.
9) What do you love most about blogging?
I enjoy sharing my thoughts on life, and my interests. I began blogging in 2011, after watching the film Julie and Julia. I enjoyed the idea of leaving posts about your passions each and every day. Since I have a love for poetry, I began a BlogSpot page called Poetic Threading. Six years later, I began my journaling page on WordPress, Woven From Words.
10) What do you least enjoy about blogging?
Sometimes I struggle to put words on the page. I’ve learned to accept that a post can just be one or two paragraphs, even though I’m still hard on myself by doing so. But then if I put off writing to later in the day, I’m so fatigued that my thoughts are all over the place. So, posting at 5:30am is the most ideal for now lol!
11) What’s your favorite hobby?
Reading, and crocheting. I’m currently on a crocheting break, due to an injury on my left hand (Tendinitis…I can still function with it, but too much work on my left wrist leaves it in pain for a couple days. Thankfully my OT sessions have been very beneficial, and I hope to return to crocheting very soon. I really miss it).
11 Questions for You
- What are your passions in life?
- How do you mentally prepare for a challenge?
- What does Love mean to you?
- Do you believe in symbols as guides in your life journey?
- Describe your favorite book and/or poem.
- What was a moment that stood out in your life for 2018?
- Name someone you hold a deep respect for in your life. It can be anyone (friend, family member, mentor, etc.).
- What is one goal you would like to achieve for 2019?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What do you consider to be a strong support system in your life?
- What is one thing that you do in your daily routine that empowers you?
I will post the Sunshine Blogger Award rules below, in case you know someone with unique content that deserves this honor.
Thank you for reading!
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
✦︎ Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging sites.
✦︎ Answer the questions.
✦︎ Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
✦︎ Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
✦︎ List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo on your site or on your post.