I hope everyone is having a good start to their weekend!
Since I recently hit the 200 follower mark (thank you to everyone who have joined!), I’m doing the Behind the Book Blogger Tag so people can know more about me!
I found this tag on Jessica C. Writes‘s blog!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions
- Link back to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you would like to know more about!
1. Why did you start blogging? & Why have you kept blogging?
I began Woven From Words back in 2018. I set a goal for myself to write a journal entry a day for that year. That’s right, 365 posts! While some days were a challenge, I achieved my goal! In 2019, I turned my blog into an official Book Blogging page. I’ve always had a love for reading since I was younger, and I wanted to share my love for books on a regular basis!
I continue to blog because I love sharing my love of reading to the world. I enjoy meeting like-minded bookish people as well!
2. What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
I enjoy writing Book Blogger Hop posts. I feel like it expresses a form of my reading style, and it gives me a chance to follow others who take part. I also love writing posts that center around diverse representation/authors.
3. What are your top three favorite blog posts?
Here are three posts I enjoyed writing:
- Books I discovered through iaPOETRY
- We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal/A Review
- Books to Knit and Crochet By
4. What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
Normally (when things weren’t chaotic with the virus), I love sitting in a bookstore or head to a park on decent days. Now we’re all indoors, but I still enjoy reading outside when the weather is beautiful! During these lockdown days, I soak up every moment I can out in my yard.
Working with yarn also helps me relax! I taught myself how to crochet 10 years ago, while in grad school. I needed something soothing while creating lesson plans, and I discovered how to create other adorable things!
5. What are three of your favorite things?
- Writing Poetry
6. What are your proudest blogging moments?
Taking part in both Blogtober and Blogmas last year. I’m happy that I was able to write about bookish topics related to Halloween and Christmas. Also, I’m proud to reach 200 followers!
7. What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
- Writing poetry–I trained under iaPOETRY to use creative writing as a healing tool for others. I have a wonderful poetry therapy community!
- Crocheting–I make small animals and scarves. I haven’t don’t as much yarn creating recently due to a wrist injury, but I hope to make more soon!
- Scrapbooking–Creating a story with photos!
8. Describe your personality in three words.
Patient, Generous, Open-Minded!
9. What are your top three pet peeves?
- People disrespecting our health care workers
- Closed-minded people
- Too much clutter!
10. What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
I live with Type 1 Diabetes. I was diagnosed in 1991 (I was 13 at the time). No major complications, just a life of balancing carbs and and exercising regularly. Insulin injections are now second nature for me!
Thank you all for reading! Feel free to do this tag if you like!
Connect With Me: