Well, today marks the last day of 2018! Lots of events took place this year:
- I went to do OT for my hand injury back in April. My left hand still feels a little sore, but it’s a lot better than how it felt in the beginning of the year.
- Andy and I officially began planning for our wedding! Our special day will take place in eight months. I have my wedding dress, but there’s still lots to do.
- I rekindled my passion for reading. I always have my love for reading, but I truly used it as an escape these last couple months.
- I lost my dear friend and colleague in poetry therapy, Johanna. Life moves on as usual, yet I miss turning to her for advice and good laughs.
- I turned 40 this year! Such a special milestone. I got to celebrate the special day with my good friends from college. It was a wonderful time.
My goals for 2019?
- Making sure my wedding runs smoothly.
- Finding a profession that I can truly enjoy. I love working with children, but I feel like I’m ready for a new challenge.
- Making sure that Andy and I live through 2019 in good health and blessings. We have so much to celebrate this year.
I really enjoyed posting here throughout 2018. At the beginning of the year I set a goal to post every day on both blogs: Woven From Words and Poetic Threading (my Blogspot poetry site). I’m happy to report that it’s been achieved! For those that cared to read my daily entries, thank you. I definitely plan to continue blogging throughout 2019. Maybe not daily, but in a consistant basis. I can’t wait to share more with you.
Happy New Year!
My David’s Bridal color swatches shipped out today. I’m looking forward to their arrival…I need to discover which shade of yellow could work with the purple I selected for my color scheme. This yellow shade will be paired with the other color in the reception area.
Next year will be a busy one, since the wedding will now be eight months away. I need to search for flower girl dress ideas, for when Ana and Nadia go for their outfits. I’m hoping for the best.
The baseball season is nearing an end. Just over a week left! I can’t believe the season passed by us so soon. The Mets began so promising, yet fell in a predicament that’s too familiar is recent years. I feel a bit down that we didn’t get to attend a Mets game this year. Hopefully we’ll have a chance to see one on 2019. At least I finally have a David Wright shirt in my collection now. Thank you Andy 🙂