- I learned today that people can be very misleading with their words. I always had that feeling, but something that occurred in the afternoon really drove it home for me.
- In a couple days Andy and I will have an enjoyable Saturday. There’s a festival in the morning, and a show in the evening. It will be great if I can find something to wear for the show. Keeping my fingers crossed.
- My left hand is feeling better with each passing day. I feel an occasional sting, but I can walk around most of the day without my brace. I keep it on during important times at work. Quite a difference from a couple months ago, when I needed it all day!
This is the last week of OT sessions. I was told that I could request more sessions, but there would be a lapse in therapy, due to wait time. I feel like my left hand has felt better than it was from when I began therapy. I’m a little nervous about therapy ended, but I can’t wait for my hand to get better. I really can’t wait to crochet again. My OT explained that my hand would still take a couple months to heal completely, and that I need to protect it. I would love so much for my left hand to finally feel better, so I can crochet again. I haven’t touched a crochet hook in almost 3 months. It will feel so blissful to create with yarn again.
- Today began crazy for me, and ended with a moment to rejuvenate myself.
- My OT session was a positive one. I received more Kinesio tape for my left hand, and got to take some time to rest.
- I got to replace my Freestyle Libre sensor today. I also got to read a positive article in a magazine during break.
Since my left ankle is recovering from a sprain, I spent today at home. I’ve been icing and heating the area around my ankle since Thursday, but it still felt … Continue reading May 22, 2018
Just completed my 3rd week in Occupational Therapy for my left hand/wrist. On Monday the OT applied Kinesio Tape around my left wrist, and along the area where the pain exists. Since I began therapy a few weeks ago, there’s been progress, as I can complete certain tasks at work without using my brace, such as serving meals to the children. I still keep my brace on for most of the day at work, especially when I’m picking up the children. I’m considering this a positive sign that I can leave my brace off for certain portions of my work day. The Kinesio Tape is still on my wrist, since my OT said I can remove it on Friday. Unless it begins to fall off.
I really hope my left wrist heals completely, since I really miss crocheting. The last time I crocheted was back in early March. At the time the discomfort in my wrist was returning after fading for a few months. During this period in March, my job had 2 snow days in a row, so I wanted to finish my pillow for my Cozy Corner. I just finished my 1st pillow, and was working on a 2nd one, when I felt soreness in my left wrist. By the end of the day my wrist was in pain. I haven’t picked up a hook since then. I moved my crochet bag to the basement, since I didn’t want to feel sad looking at it all the time, knowing that I needed to steer clear from crocheting for the time being.
The first thing I’ll crochet, when it’s healed? Autumn animals. I know, summer hasn’t arrived yet and I’m thinking of Fall! It’s good to think ahead of seasonal themed projects, though I just hope my left wrist will withstand the activity again. Only time will tell.
- Week 3 of Occupational Therapy. So far I think it’s gone well; doing the hand exercises regularly, and taking part in activities that strengthen my wrist near the thumb. Today my OT wrapped my wrist in Kinesio Tape. It looks interesting, fits well to the skin. Hopefully it will stay on my arm and wrist until Wednesday.
- My grandfather came home from the hospital over the weekend. He’s still having trouble breathing, yet the swelling went down on his feet, so that’s positive news. I’m hopeful that he maintains his health down a good path.
- I’m glad that I ended Basaglar. I never had a good feeling about being on that insulin. I’ve been taking an extra Lantus pen while waiting to begin Levemir. I miss being on Lantus nightly, but I’m curious to see what Levemir will do for my health.
It’s been a couple days since I had my first OT session. I’ve been diligently doing my exercises, and I’m hopeful that it will all work out favorably in a couple weeks. For the next two weeks I go twice after work, so hopefully my hand will improve dramatically next month. The only part that will be rough will be getting home late, then it sets back the regular walking activity I have coming home. But it will all work out. I can’t wait to crochet again…I really miss working with yarn, and this tendinitis prevents me from doing so.